If your bell push does not ring your doorbells when pressed then this could identify a few issues.
1. Ensure the bell push battery is good quality and inserted the correct way around. The bell push should light up when pressed.*
2. If you are using a battery powered door chime then ensure the batteries are good quality Alkaline or Lithium types. DO not use Zinc type batteries.
3. Once the door chime is powered up, make sure to press the bell push quickly. This must be done within 30 seconds or less.
4. Once the bell push is pressed the door chime should ring.
*After 12 months or so a bell push may light up when pressed for a short while long after it has lost it's power to transmit a signal!
The below guides are general for most Byron chimes without a volume button:
For BY range door chimes with a volume button:
HOLD down the volume button on the chime unit until you hear a "Bleep Bleep" sound then press your bell push.
For SX, RX and TX models with small white Dip switches:
Make sure the switches in the bell push match the switches in the door chime, if not then adjust accordingly so they match.
- Relating to battery operated door chimes, please make sure only strong, good quality, Alkaline or Lithium batteries are used. Avoid using Zinc type batteries.
- For plug-in door chimes, avoid plugging them next to items that might generate electrical interference (for example power adapters, mobile phone charges, plug-in air fresheners, night lights, Wifi boosters, another chime unit! etc).
- Where there is more than one door chime, pair each door chime individually
If the above steps do not work then follow the reset guide in your user manual or in general:
- HOLD down the volume or L button for around 10 seconds until the chime plays a melody or goes "bleep bleep"
- If it plays a melody then wait for the melody to stop and press your bell push, the chime should ring.
- If it goes "bleep bleep" then release the button and HOLD again for a further 10 seconds until you hear a "bleep" sound
- Release the button and HOLD again for a further 10 seconds until you hear a "bleep bleep" sound,
- Press your bell push and the chime should ring.